Everyone loves chicken nuggets, especially me. Soft, succulent bite-size pieces of chicken, coated in a flavourful, crunchy batter. Absolutely delicious and zero guilt because they’re baked, not fried! See? Everyone wins! These baked chicken nuggets are great for game nights appetizers or an after-school snack or just as is with a side salad and perhaps some fries, but I digress. These baked nuggets are perfect whichever way you have them. Here’s my recipe for the most flavourful chicken nuggets you’ve ever had. Trust me, it’ll be like a party in your mouth!
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2-inch sized pieces. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil. Mix well. Put melted butter in a bowl or dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken pieces into the melted butter first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favourite dip.