Deliciously charred corn, creamy bites of avocado, a burst of tomatoes and salty bits of mozzarella come together in this fresh spring salad, drizzled in a light cilantro-fresh lime dressing. Everything about this salad screams spring is here! And really, what’s not to love about a salad that’s so easy to prepare, tastes so divine and requires only a handful of ingredients?! I love this salad with some fried chicken and cheesy mashed potatoes, maybe even some freshly baked bread and a glass of chilled beer to wash it all down. Heck, I’d even eat this as a weekday lunch with some buttered bread on the side! But hey, enjoy this whichever way you want! Here’s what you’ll need.
Picture Source: foodnetwork
For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
For the salad:
- 4 ears charred corn, kernels removed, about 3 cups (you could roast the corn over an open burner)
- 1 1/2 pounds grape tomatoes, halved, about 3 cups (you could also use cherry tomatoes or a mix or both if you’d prefer)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, diced (Buffalo mozzarella works well too!)
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender, using 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste; process until smooth.
- Now combine corn, grape tomatoes, mozzarella and avocados in a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Let it sit at least 15 minutes before serving, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. I usually make this the night before I’m going to serve it, so the dressing really soaks into the corn and the avocados and tomato, giving the salad an incredible boost.
Serve chilled with some fried chicken!