I love mini anything. Because mini things mean they can fit into my mouth in one bite and that can only mean one thing: eat everything! These mini chilli beef pies are exactly the kind of perfect party appetisers you came looking for. The recipe calls for store-bought puff pastry and the rest of the recipe just comes together in a breeze. One of the things you’ll love most about this recipe is that you can make a batch of these babies and freeze them ahead for whenever you might need to make them. Perfect solution to all your appetiser problems. You’re welcome.
450g pack ready-rolled short crust pastry
For the quick chili
- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 150ml beef stock
- 2 tsp hot chili powder
- Large pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 250g pack minced beef
- 85g tomato purée
- 200g kidney beans, drained and rinsed
For the mash:
- 1 large potato (about 250g/9oz), peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp. soured cream
- 2 tbsps. chopped chives
- To make chili, heat oil in a pan and fry onion for 5 mins pharmacy no prescription until soft. Add spices; fry for 1 min. Stir in beef and cook for a few mins. Add tomato purée, stock and cinnamon. Give it a stir, bring to the boil, and then simmer for 15-20 mins until very little liquid is left. Add beans 5 mins before the end of cooking. Check seasoning and cool.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Using a 7cm pastry cutter, stamp out 12 circles from the pastry. Use to line a 12-hole mini muffin tray, prick the base of the pastry with a fork, and bake for 10 mins. Remove from oven and cool on a wire tray. Repeat with remaining pastry.
- Meanwhile, cook the potato in boiling water until tender. Drain, mash with soured cream and seasoning, and then stir through chives. Spoon 1-2 tsp of chili mix into the pastry cases and top with a tsp of mash. Ruffle mash with a fork; return to the oven for 15 mins or until golden