- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 1 mins
- 1 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- September 12, 2018
There is a very common and true saying that Health is Wealth. We should always keep in mind that wealth is wealth however health is the greatest wealth in this world. We should also motivate our kids and children to know something about this common saying Health Is Wealth.
- · 6 fresh baby artichokes
- · 1/4 cup lemon juice
- · 1/2 pound penne pasta
- · 1/2 cup tomato juice
- · 2 tablespoons olive oil
- · Juice of one lemon
- · 2 cloves garlic — minced
- · 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- · 3 tablespoons fresh basil — or 1 tsp. dried
- · 1/2 teaspoon salt
- · 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- · 1/2 cup fresh tomato — chopped
- · 1/2 cup olives — Kalamata
- · 2 tablespoons capers
- · 1/2 cup feta cheese — optional
- 1. Cut stems off artichokes. Peel off tough outer leaves to reveal yellow-green hearts. Cut artichokes into quarters. Combine 1/4 cup lemon juice with 2 cups water in a medium bowl. Add artichokes to lemon water and toss to prevent discoloration. Drain. Steam artichokes until tender, about 20 minutes. chill.
2. In a large pot, bring 2 quarts water to a rapid boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and penne. Cook penne until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. To make salad
dressing: combine tomato juice, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley,
basil, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender and puree for 30
seconds. 4. Toss together artichokes, penne, capers, olives, and feta
cheese in a large bowl salad bowl. Pour dressing over and toss well. your Aegean Artichoke & Penne Pasta Salad is ready to enjoy.
- Make sure your Pasta Is not Overcooked otherwise salad will be messy .and wont taste good .