- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 1 mins
- 6 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- October 30, 2018
“Women, in particular, need to keep an eye on their physical and mental health, because if we’re scurrying to and from appointments and errands, we don’t have a lot of time to take care of ourselves. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own ‘to do’ list.”
coleslaw recipe is creamy and tangy with just the right amount of sweetness.you could simply double the recipe and use two heads of green and one of red. My experience with this coleslaw is that you can’t have too much.
- 2 1/2 pounds cabbage — green
- 2 large carrots — (3/4 Pound)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise — Hellmann’s Preferred
- 1/4 cup white vinegar — serve to taste
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs mustard — prepared
- 1 cup raisins
Steps to Make It
1) Trim the tough outer leaves from the cabbage. Cut the cabbage into quarters and cut away the core from the cabbage pieces. finely shred the cabbage. There should be about 8 cups. Peel the carrots and trim the ends. Grate them on the coarse side of a grater.
2) Stir the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and mustard together in a large bowl until blended. Add the cabbage, carrots, and raisins and toss to coat with the dressing. Let stand, tossing occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Store, covered, in the refrigerator for at least a few hours and toss well
- Add the cabbage, carrots, and raisins and toss to coat with the dressing. Let stand, tossing occasionally, about 15 minutes.