Let’s make our Saturday easy with this super easy Vegetarian Ramen Bowl..
· 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
· ½ pound shiitake mushrooms wiped, stems removed and sliced
· 5 stalks of green onions (scallions), sliced, white and green parts* separated
· 2 tablespoons grated ginger, approximately 2 inches
· 4 cloves of garlic
· 6 cups of vegetable stock
· 2 tablespoons white miso paste
· 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
· 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
· 4 large eggs
· 10 oz. fresh ramen noodles (or 4 3-ounces packets dry ramen)
· 3 heads baby Bok Choy, rinsed and cut in half lengthwise
· 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large pot. Add in the shiitake mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 4-5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms onto a plate, cover with aluminum foil (to keep them warm) and set aside. Do not wash the pot.
- To make the miso broth: Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the now-empty pot. Add in the white parts of the green onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Pour in the vegetable stock. Bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, place miso paste into a bowl. Ladle ½ cup of the boiling liquid and whisk until miso is completely dissolved. Add the mixture back into the pot along with tamari (or soy sauce) and sesame oil.
- To cook the eggs and noodles: Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Lower eggs into the pot and cook them for 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove them from the pot and place them into a bowl of ice water and set aside.
- Bring the water back to a boil.
- Add the noodles and bok choy and cook them until they are al-dente and bok choy turned bright green (and softened), 3-4 minutes. Drain.
- In the meantime, peel the eggs and halve them lengthwise.
To assemble: Place noodles and bok choy in a bowl, pour some miso stock over it and top it off with shiitake mushrooms and eggs. Garnish with the reserved green parts of the scallions and sesame seeds eat J
Your hot spicy and tangy Vegetarian Ramen Bowl is ready to eat J J